Double Birthday Month

February 2005 was this blog's creation and also the year I took a big step as an artist with opening up an online shop, starting a photo crazy Flickr account and posted for the first time here.   At this point the work was mainly improvisational bead embroidery with some stringing to fill the booth with color and texture at art festivals. During this month I sat up at one of the early Chainsaw Rendezvous in Ridgway, Pennsylvania next to a very talented mosaic artist Brenda Nicklas.  Nicklas was at the threshold of her artisan business too.  We had an amazing time comparing notes during this local show,  making a trade and revealing our future hopes & dreams.  The next year we were juried into The Pennsylvania Wilds Artisan Trail to become part of the original members, it's origins started with us!

I have enjoyed this sweet Picassiette style box through the years placing a youngest daughter's tooth, my Grandmother's and my pocket watch lovingly inside.
One of Brenda Nicklas' smalls owner of Laughing Dog Mosaics
beaded work from past days

www.stephaniedistler.com 









*oh yes and I turned 50 this month, more on that later :) 


Comments