News from the Bench- Bracelets for Local Songwriters Titchner-Scott

Bekki and Mark Titchner, of Titchner-Scott, commissioned two cuffs from SDAJ stamped with not a mantra, verse or quote but, a song line and title track,  In dreaming I need nothing, from their upcoming album, I Dream.
1.   The couple in SDAJ studio wearing the pieces 2. promo shot for one of their albums 3. shot taken with my Sony RX100M3 4. taken in Edinburgh, Scotland on Campbell Close Street.  Scotland is one of their favorite sojourns
a recent post taken from the Facebook Fan page:

Bekki, "Mark T. usually lets me take care of posting. But this song is different. This song is inherently more personal...."
His words :
I suppose every song will mean something (or nothing) to anyone who will take the time to listen.
Art audio? Audio art? Music!!! Uh huh....
But to make a song accessible to others it needs the players - composers, writers...yes!
For us, from the start of a project to its finish, all of our creative pistons are going balls to the wall. The highs and lows on the emotional scale are light years apart from each other, as with all art processes (universal artistic bi-polarity). One day you’re up, next day you’re down. Does it go right? Does it go wrong? Does it go somewhere? Does it go nowhere? Did we nail it? Who knows! We do our best.
So here we have our latest little tune, which managed to break all laws of our creative process. From an unbelievable high to the darkest, saddest, lowest of lows we have ever known.
And now it’s finally (well, 99%) complete. And we are stuck somewhere in the emotional spectrum, we’ll say “in the middle.

Here it is:

THE MOST HIGH: My son loved this song. He would listen and sing it constantly. Sometimes he’d bitch about needing a new song to get into.

THE MOST LOW: Suddenly he’s gone. I can’t say if he’s still listening or not.

THE MIDDLE: Maybe he is.

Lyrics:

In Dreaming 

I’m waiting at the wall
Waiting for the end
Waiting ‘til tomorrow
It will all be better then

I’m waiting for the words
They just never come
There’s nothing left to say
Nowhere left to run

In dreaming I need nothing
In dreaming I need nothing
In dreaming I need nothing
In dreaming I need nothing

Falling from the sky, like a gull on the wind
Crashing waves
Jagged shore
I disappear again

I listen to the stones
Sometimes I can see
The way moving forward
The past in front of me

In dreaming I need nothing
In dreaming I need nothing
In dreaming I need nothing
In dreaming I need nothing

Clouds race against the blue
Shadows come and stay
Ribbons of time unfurl
And softly float away

I’m here and then I’m gone
Chained and then I’m free
Waiting at the wall
At the edge of the sea

In dreaming I need nothing
In dreaming I need nothing
In dreaming I need nothing
In dreaming I need nothing

When Bekki emailed last week, to let me know the song was ready, the entire evening was then filled with her voice,  for many more songs were added to the site.  They use Reverbnation. as a tool with 50% of sales going to the organization  Love Hope Strength.

The talented songwriting/performing team play at countless venues.  Their next show will be in Lock Haven, Oct. 18th, 7-9 p.m. Avenue 209,

taken from bio on Reverbnation-
For most of the past nine years, Mark and Bekki Titchner performed mostly traditional Celtic and Appalachian music with fiddler Tara Sansom in the trio Fieldstone. Two years ago, with Tara out of grad school and living in Kentucky, the two turned their focus exclusively to songwriting. Longtime friend and drummer Don Strandberg said he would love to be a part of a recording project, and suggested bassist Mark Santaniello to round out the rhythm section. Recording began in earnest in the fall of 2011. Along the way another old friend Dave Piccirillo added guitar work to some of the tracks and Tara played fiddle on a song as well. The project was completed the spring of 2013 and should be available for sale in the summer of 2013. The Titchner-Scott Band began exclusively as a recording endeavor, but keeping all that fun confined to the basement seemed wrong.


this gifted songstress/writer above at an open mic event @ECCOTA wearing an original SDAJ copper & Serpentine rosary wrapped crescent moon piece purchased November 2011.
















www.stephaniedistler.com

Comments