I List- Vitamix on the counter!

Vitamix Creations TURBO 64 oz. 15-in-1 Blender w/32oz. Dry Container and 3 recipe books
I cannot count the times one of these crazy powerful blenders was in my brain while preparing different recipes.  Now that it is occupying a pretty big space on my counter even more uses come to mind.  A starter list of 10 reasons I could not go any longer without a Vitamix are below.  Bare with me, I am a just a little excited.

  1. fresh veggie/fruit smoothies
  2. green smoothies  with loads of kale and spinach 
  3. frozen libations like a frozen peach margarita with fresh peaches..my goodness
  4. nut butters especially pistachio, yummmm
  5. Ginger beer type of concoctions sounds like the way this summer is going to swing, perhaps adding vodka here and there ;)
  6. make coconut butter with unsweetened shaved coconut
  7. make fresh coconut milk made from water and unsweetened shaved coconut
  8. make fresh nut milks using toasted sesame seeds and raw almonds
  9. grind coffee beans for pressing coffee with the French Press that is sitting around on the counter too 
  10. grind wheat berries for baking breads and such
green smoothie with spinach, 1 carrot, 1 oranges, apple, cucumber, honey, ice and hemp protein 
wild berry smoothie with yogurt, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries,  honey, organic milk and ice
Yes, I could not wait until the next shopping trip to pick up the sesame seeds, unsweetened coconut, agave, stevia, raw almonds, cacao powder and flaxseeds.  So to start checking off the LIST, ordering from Amazon today for delivery on Friday was the way a rolled this morning.  Amazon Prime is excellent that way, with groceries arriving at my door in 2 days or less sometimes.  

Stevia is an excellent way to reduce blood pressure, which is pretty spectacular, when it comes to my husband's issues these past couple years.  I also love that many wonderful for you vegetables, fruits, supplements, yogurt, etc. can be blended into a tasty drink for my family each and everyday without complaint.  Yes, they ask for them all day long with even my picky man enjoying a bright green frothy mix daily including a few drops of Stevia to sweeten the mix to help reduce blood pressure YAAAAY :) :)

cold tea infusion- here jasmine green tea and Celestial Seasonings 'peach' for the liquid in yesterday's green smoothie lunch
On Friday I will have a go at sesame milk for sesame, honey and banana smoothies.  What do you think?  Sounds good to me!!  
This summer a blended theme garden is going to be planted including parsley, basil, mint, cilantro, cucumbers, tomatoes and celery come to mind.  I can't wait until it is porch sitting weather...where the HEY is the warmth..crazy Pennsylvania weather!!!!!

What is in your blender? 
Find me on Instagram and please share your creations @hammeredandbent

Comments